This week we are talking to Joe Lewis from Maryland in the big Ol’ US of A. This is Episode Ninety Nine of our beekeeping podcast.
Welcome To the kiwimana buzz…
Hi, it’s Gary and Margaret here, We are beekeepers from the hills of the Waitakere Ranges in West Auckland, New Zealand. Our podcast is about beekeeping, Gardening and bit of politics about environmental issues. We also have been known to go off on tangents about other issues.
This interview was recorded in October 2016.
Joe is a Beekeeper and writer from Bel Air, Maryland which is between Baltimore and Philadelphia in North America. He has a passion for the Honey Bees and took up the hobby after retiring from the US Army. He was self diagnosed with the “Not enough bees disease” over eleven years ago and spends his days trying to locate a cure.
Sustainable Beekeeping thru Nucleus Colonies “Beekeeping 357”
Click one the video below to see a video lecture by Joe Lewis
Here is what you will discover
- How to cure “The Not enough Bees Disease”
- The secret to keeping lots of bees and working a full time job
- Why Five is the right number in Beekeeping
- What the Beekeeping 357 principle all about
- How Joe started writing for the American Beekeepers Journal
Resources mentioned in the show
- Joe Business is Harford Honey, the web site is HERE
- Book Following the Bloom by Douglas Whynott can be found HERE
- The Book Beekeeping in coastal California by Jeremy Rose can be purchased HERE
- Susquehanna Beekeepers Association has a website HERE
- Joe Lewis Queen rearing Calendar Wheel, download PDF HERE
- The fifty two most important people in your BeeClub, have a read HERE
- Our interview with Randy Oliver from Scientific Beekeeping can be found HERE
- Randy Oliver’s Article Queens for Pennies, read it HERE
- North West New Jersey YouTube Channel can be found HERE
- Landi Simone Nucleus Colonies Presentation can be found HERE
- Our interview with the Great Frank Lindsay can be listened to HERE
- J Smith – Better Queens Download from Michael Bush Website HERE