The meat was practically falling off the bone, it was so tender ! You take a bite and you can taste a sweet and spicy flavor but you’ll get some smokiness at the end of the bite. A great recipe when you’re hankering some ribs but don’t feel like cooking outdoors.
- 3 pounds bone-in country-style pork ribs
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons stone-ground mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (we used reduced-sodium soy sauce)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon liquid smoke (we used hickory smoke)
- 1 teaspoons ground black pepper (we used freshly ground black pepper)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ¾ teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Take a 6-quart slow cooker out and spray the inside of it with cooking spray. Place the ribs down on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Take a medium-sized mixing bowl out and add to it the remaining ingredients (tomato paste – minced garlic), stirring to combine. Pour the tomato mixture over the ribs, turning the ribs so they get thoroughly coated in the mixture.
- Place a layer of paper towels over the slow cooker, putting the lid on afterwards. Cook on LOW for 5 to 5 ½ hours or until the meat’s tender. Serve the ribs with the sauce and enjoy !
Read full recipe here: Slow Cooker Barbecue Ribs — Sweet ‘n Savory Therapy